Interest in Minify seems to be picking up:
- Version 2.1.1 is approaching 51K downloads. This is almost 5x the total for all previous versions.
- More issues fixed. Several developers have cornered down bugs and submitted patches and we’re getting more experience on misconfigured servers (e.g. invalid DOCUMENT_ROOTs). There’s one particular bug I want fixed before pushing out 2.1.2.
- Chris Edwards contributed an APC-based cache class for Minify (personally untested) that should make Minify super fast.
- Yahoo! Dav Glass shows how to use Minify as a local handler for YUI, particularly for serving over SSL.
- For WordPress users, lyncd has integrated Minify_HTML into the WP Super Cache plugin. (Minifying WP theme CSS/JS files is already pretty easy.)
- No Droids Allowed has integrated Minify into a CodeIgniter project.
- Jason Leveille is using Minify in his Simple MC (Simple Managed Content).
- Eran Galperin is using Minify in his startup Octabox (the site screams) and wrote a nice Minify deployment guide.
- Gordon Franke created sfMinifyPlugin, a Minify plugin for Symfony 1.0. This appears to use v2.0, which lacks plenty of bug fixes, so beware.
- Cédric Walter is preparing to release com_minify, a Minify plugin for Joomla!.
- I introduced in the User Guide how to apply custom minifier functions to individual sources.
Any ideas on how to make it better?