The person we’re seeking will need a strong understanding of and experience with:
- object-oriented and functional programming styles
- related technologies such as SQL, CSS, the HTML DOM, Apache, and HTTP
Preferred applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- sites/projects worked on, including open source projects
- code created that is highly extensible, loosely coupled, testable, etc.
- ability to create APIs/frameworks to be used by others
- intuition of impact of code on underlying systems and client-side experience
- ability to communicate well with teammates and end users
The applicant must be comfortable:
- coding with third party libraries like Zend, jQuery, YUI, etc.
- customizing third party applications like WordPress
- using source control and documenting code
The Office of Distance Learning is an exciting, creative environment where we manage and customize applications like WordPress, Moodle, and Elgg, and serve thousands of users.
Search jobs.ufl.edu for Requisition number: 0806823