(old content…use at your own risk)
- Classify Tables
- Simple CSS Image Rollovers
- Custom Bordered Boxes
- Various “rounded corners” methods using minimal markup.
- Centered Image
- Horizontally and vertically center an image inside a container element
- Bottom Captions
- Make an image’s caption bottom-aligned
- CSS Magnifying Glass
- Is what it says..
- The Breaks
- Various techniques to create line-breaks and when to use them
- Give block elements the “shrink-to-fit” property of single-cell
tables without table markup
- Contributions to CSS-discuss
- Posts I’ve made to the CSS-discuss mailing list. Useful, boring, a little of both.
These pages show elegant examples of the power of CSS, the Document Object Model and the PNG image format. They may only render correctly in a handful of modern browsers.
- The Lonely Planet
- A planetary orbit simulation using dynamically scaled, alpha-transparent PNG images.
- GD Library Demo
- An experiment in color separation. I used PHP’s GD library to separate images into HSV semi-tranparent PNG images then recombined them by stacked them on the page.
- IE6/win’s lack of standards support and proprietary features hide the truth! View this in IE/win, then in a modern browser like Mozilla, Opera or Safari.